Wednesday, December 1, 2010

SHE WAS MY DATE


Ashu’s Diary

Date- 25/11/1999

It was like a thousandth time that I asked myself should I ?? shouldn’t I ?? I wasn’t sure. When you are given an option to choose between studying for Semester End exam and a date with the hottest girl in the college it’s very simple the girl wins. The matter becomes slightly complicated when the exam next day turns out to be the "AUTOMOBILE”. It becomes even more complicated when the girl calls you a day before the exam to a restaurant 5 hours away.

In my case the girl won. When you have to go on a date next day, studying isn’t an option. Even when the syllabus is so big that it might even give Mt. Everest a run for its money.
I started combing my hair. I never realized how good my curly hair was until she called me hers Culry Burly. Curly Burly i thought again and smile spread across my face. It wasn’t easy thought but a few dinners and movies did the trick.
Well I was almost ready to leave, wearing the best shirt I had, the best pant I could borrow and Oh yes with the borrowed 3000 bucks as well. But I bought the train tickets with my money (those 3000 bucks were only for her).
Staring out of the train's window I was wondering how beautiful life is now. Immersed in my thoughts I was when suddenly somebody woke me up, it was the TC, what the heck I thought, I put my hand in my first pocket, second pocket, third pocket... I searched all my pockets again. I had paid the cash at the ticket counter but forgot to collect the ticket. TC gave me a wild smile and a 700 bucks fine for travelling without ticket in a reserved compartment. Ok i thought, I still had 2300 left, the situation is still not bad.
But the situation never got better, it got worse to worst. It was as if the whole universe was conspiring against me and my love. Something of a test I thought may be........
I drifted back into my dreams, and hence forgot that the station was only an hour away from there. Well I did figure it out but two stations late and when I was getting ready to get down at the next station, TC showed up again with a bigger smile and smaller fine(just 500 bucks). Ok I thought again I still had 1800 bucks left so not everything was lost, I could still mange it.
It started raining as I got down. Fully drenched in rain I found an auto booked it for the restaurant for an astonishing 700 bucks. With 1100 left I was hopeful that I will still be able to manage.
By the time I reached the restaurant I was 2 hours late. I paid the auto and got down hurriedly from the auto, as soon as I got down the auto I heard something tear. I saw my pant (which wasn’t mine) torn. Ok I thought now I am dead for sure but I could still pay him so I decided to put my troubles behind and look ahead.
Well when you are 2 hours late you can hardly expect your date to be in a good mood. So I bought her a gift (another 600 bucks down the drain).
As soon as I entered the restaurant I saw her standing at the payment counter. She smiled as she saw me and hugged me, I was taken aback. Not bad I thought. She took my gift and started talking to me very happily. I didn’t understand what was making her so happy, was it me I certainly hoped so. Then a guy came and stood beside her and she introduced us “ ashu meet abhi my boy friend, abhi meet ashu my best friend in college. I was shocked since when did I became her best friend, anger spread all over my body. I was wondering if I went through all this just to meet her boy friend. No I said to myself I went through all this because I liked her, I wanted her to be my date and for a brief period of time I thought that “She Was My Date”. 



Three months later


Both Ashu and his friend were sitting together. It was the annual pirze distribution ceremony of the college. Bored with the ceremony both of them were looking here and there. A girl was walking towards the stage to collect her prize for the best academic performance of the year.
His friend saw her and in disbelief  pointed towards her. Ashu looked at him scornfully and said “Ya Ya .. I know She Was (supposedly) My Date”



23 comments:

  1. killer dude....how was your date?
    dfntly she must be beautiful to leave automobile exam...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude just a figment of my imagination....... thats all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really good and touching but the previous one "She was standing there" was the best.
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ navin : dude read properly its a day before the exam..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one and I sure it is not 100% fictional. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exactly ours kind of story dear......
    I appreciate your imagination

    well done ....keep going..!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i appreciate your work..ur imagination..everything.. its really god..keep writing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank u.. thank u every1 it means a lot.just keep reading..

    ReplyDelete
  9. dude there r few realities in this act of fiction!~
    n i am damn sure u will be honest!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. no there aren't its completely fiction..:-):-P

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice imagination..nice plot of the story...

    ReplyDelete
  12. saale shuru me to tumne mujhe dara hi diya tha....baad me pata chala ki apna harsh wahi hai to jaan me jaan aayi.aise khatarnak topics pe kyun sochta hai mere bhai...?

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow dude awesome yar.....................

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice one...i think u r going in a right direction of making a movie....
    ;)
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. very nice... :)
    really good piece of writing...
    vaise... as evry1 seems to b wondering... who was ur date? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. its nice ......also write the story more long.........jisme last me dil na tute

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha.....got tricked...???

    ReplyDelete
  18. this one explains the first one .. nice correlation.. and very detailed....flows like a movie.. makes me eager to read the next one .. i hope you have not screwed it up..:) :) .. let's see.. (Rohit)

    ReplyDelete